Friday, September 21, 2012

Time will set me free....

#wrote this poem way back in 2005 while I was solving some maths problems in my 10th Grade, somehow the starting line struck me and I wrote it. Considering, I had such deep thoughts way back when I was 16, I feel I am not becoming any smarter from then, rather a faint shadow of what I used to be...


Time will set me free,
For I am a traveller with no shady tree.
Walking along the path of life is tough,
The roads have curves, they are long and rough.
Peace and solitude no way to be found,
Life is even worse than a hound.
Work is to be done day and night,
What else is life but a constant fight?
Things that attract us are tough to get,
Without them we cannot set.
Hope and despair invade our minds.
They give us courage of unmatched kind.
The zeal and enthusiasm push us ahead,
They remind us of the roads to tread.
The hectic world, so boring alas,
We have to live here till our last.
I wish I was born free as a bird,
Who moves about in his own world.
No fear, No worries, No anxiety in his life,
Life for him not a constant strife.
I wish I was born tall as a tree,
That gives fruit and shade for free.
I wish I was born large as a cloud,
Gives us rain making noises aloud.
I wish I was like the Sun so bright,
Gives to the world the life giving light.
But since I am born a petty human,
I wish the time will set me free.

©HG

2 comments:

  1. great situational poem.. i beleive everyone thinks the same when they in this situation but express only few... keep expressing:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your precious comment here...