Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Madness...

#wrote this poem in 2011 after writing a series of Hindi poetries and being inactive in English for quite a few years, something about the poem which I really like is the fact that it describes the way random things function in my life, how they change me as a person and what I derive from them, a certain level of madness is there in all of us without which life is dull, even in fear, even in sadness and even in desperation and loneliness there is a certain charm which this poetry tries to capture unsuccessfully, yes unsuccessfully you heard it write because success is so boring sometimes, being unsuccessfully even as a poem is what celebrates the true spirit of madness...

Methods to my madness,
Live on the boundaries of my being,
Often nudge me,
Force me into an endless dream...

A certain noise,
Would not let me be myself,
Often engulfs me into,
Abysses of never ending silence... 

Some hidden fears,
Shake me to my very core,
Force me into deep black sea,
Leave me drenched on the shore...

A hidden monster,
Wakes me up at night,
It talks of things that never were,
Passages of darkness devoid of light...

A few dreams,
Keep me numb all day,
Often challenge my existence,
Sometimes leave me astray...

Caught in chains,
Of my own limitations,
I press hard for an exit,
To end this lonely desperation...

But never do I succeed,
In bringing an end to this misery,
So, I have made it a part,
Of my being, my past and my destiny...

©HG


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your precious comment here...